Limonato Olive Oil & Lavender Balsamic Chicken
This hardy dish offers bright and clean flavors of lemon with mild floral notes of violet or lavender. This is one simple but elegant dish.
Yield: 4 servings
• ¼ cup of a caramelized onion spread • 2 tablespoons of Olive Obsession Lavender balsamic • 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts • 3 teaspoons of dried thyme leaves • ½ teaspoon salt • ¼ teaspoon pepper • 2 teaspoons of Olive Obsession Green Limonato or Eureka Lemon olive oil • ½ chopped red onion
Directions: 1. In a small bowl mix the apple and onion spread with the vinegar, set aside.
2. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each piece of chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about ¼ inch thick.
3. Sprinkle chicken on both sides with thyme, salt and pepper.
4. In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat. Cook chopped red onion in oil about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened.
5. Add chicken, cook 8-10 minutes, turning once until no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken to plate, cover to keep warm.
6. Leave onion in skillet, add the vinegar mixture. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
7. Spoon sauce over chicken.