Serve these savory/sweet/spicy pickles with BBQ, burgers/veggie burgers, with a cheese platter or chop into cream cheese and chopped pecans for an amazing spread!
Yield: 1 cup
COOK TIME: 15 minutes TOTAL TIME: 12 hours
This recipe was adapted from one of our favorite blogs, love & olive oil. Blog author, Lindsay says this “is a quick refrigerator pickle: meaning it’s not meant to be canned. The most obvious indicator of this is the addition of olive oil in the brine; a recipe made for home preserving will never include oil for safety reasons. But the result is so delicious they’ll be gone before it becomes a concern, that I can promise you. With a flavorful brine infused with generous amounts of crushed garlic, a little brown sugar and some fragrant oregano, these spicy pickled peppers will have you wishing a hot pepper plant would miraculously sprout (and thrive) in your sad little excuse for garden.”
• ¾ cup white or apple cider vinegar
• ¼ cup Olive Obsession Serrano honey vinegar
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
• ¼ cup Olive Obsession Ultra Premium olive oil
• ½ lb red jalapenos, Fresno or Italian roasting peppers, thinly sliced into ¼ inch rounds
1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine vinegar, salt, brown sugar, oregano, garlic cloves, red chile and olive oil and bring to a simmer. Add sliced peppers and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the peppers are tender.
2. Transfer peppers into a pint mason jar and pour the liquid over top; secure with airtight lid and refrigerate overnight to let flavors infuse. Peppers will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.