Bright Springtime flavors are created by using healthy flavor infused olive oils from The Ancient Olive; be creative and try several different flavors! Some of our favorite olive oils to use in this recipe*: Eureka Lemon OO (add some finely chopped fresh rosemary), Blood Orange OO, Mandarin Orange OO, Bergamot Orange OO, or Rosemary OO.
1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried, and chopped
• 3-4 medium tomatoes, cut into cubes
• 1 avocado peeled, cut into cubes
• 1 cup cooked couscous (We like the couscous from Manitou Trading Company, which is sold in our stores.)
• 1/2 cup fresh sweet peas
• lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
• 2-3 Tbsp. *Blood Orange Fused Olive Oil or extra virgin olive oil
• salt to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 4 soft boiled eggs, peeled and cut in halves
• fresh mint leaves and edible flowers to serve (optional)
In a large bowl toss together all ingredients (except eggs) and drizzle with desired amount of lemon juice and olive oil. Serve with soft boiled egg on a top and fresh mint leaves and edible flowers.