2 (8-10 ounce) skin-on chicken leg quarters
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
1 head garlic
Fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pat chicken dry and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Half garlic across equator and set aside.
2. Heat Garlic Olive Oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Lay chicken skin side down in skillet and cook for 15 minutes without disturbing.
3. After 15 minutes, flip chicken and place garlic halves, cut side down, in pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Flip chicken again so skin side has contact with pan and move garlic to top of chicken. Place herbs in oil.
5. Move skillet to oven and cook 15 more minutes. Remove skillet from oven and let chicken rest on a plate, or cutting board for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.